CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
I figured I should add a disclaimer of some sort on here. All my thoughts.. are original and unedited. I don't proof what I post before I post it.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Lost hearts on the open road

Over time, we grow up and often go separate ways from people that once meant a whole lot to us... at a different point in our lives. While our lives may be on different roads now, that doesn't mean that there can't be a pit stop somewhere during this journey we call life where we can meet up and look over the roads that have lead us to where we are now.. and where we are traveling to.

Sounds simple, right?
Wrong.

There are so many things in today's life that complicates what should be the simple catching up with an old friend. However, that is not what this is about.

This is about the hurt that comes along with those complications. Friends are friends. I really hate to do this because I know which certain friends will roll their eyes at me for this.. but I can't help it. So suck it.. and listen. Just LISTEN.


Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus


What this means to me... is that I am so happy for your life and where your roads have taken you, as long as you are happy. Always know that you will always be my friend. I will always love you and there will always be a special place in my heart for you. Even if over time we lose touch and wander down different paths, there is only one road to Heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment